We asked the experts of three of our favorite on-line green beauty boutiques, Pemberley Jones, The Detox Market and Eco Diva Beauty to share with us their favorite green beauty products for summer.
Pemberley Jones Summer Beauty Picks:
1. Devita Sunscreen: I’ll be honest, most days I can only get sunscreen on before I apply a swipe of mascara and gloss or lipstick. I had a baby in April which has really forced me to streamline my routine. I long for the days when I will have a little more time, but hey, it’s Summer so I figure it’s best to keep it basic anyway! This formula has hyaluronic acid so it’s treating my skin and protecting it during the day.
2. Meow Meow Tweet Deodorant in Lavender: I switch between this and the baking soda free deodorant depending on what I’m up against each day. The lavender smells so fantastic and it works well, and for a very long time! It’s a summer must-have!
3. Alima Pure Mascara: This one takes a minute to dry, but once it does it doesn’t budge for me. It’s less smudgy than many other natural mascaras and it’s been working great for me lately in the heat.
4. Alima Pure Lipstick in Georgia: This is such a fun color, I pair it with the Benecos Pink lip liner and it’s perfect for a bright summer lip. Plus, it’s quick and easy! If I’m in a real hurry, I’ll pat my lips and use some of the color on my cheeks. One of the best things about all these natural products is that the ingredients are so great for your skin, they can be very versatile!
5. Mangosteen Skin Owl Beauty Drops PM: There’s just something about this candy-like scent that says summer. It’s not like any other facial oil I’ve ever used and it keeps my skin looking alive and bright, even when I’m feeling more tired than ever. I look forward to using it every night.
The Detox Market Summer Beauty Picks:
ECO DIVA’S Beauty Summer Beauty Picks:
1. PRTTY PEAUSHUN body lotion. This pretty pouch comes in 5 different shades that will give your gams 5 different glows. It’s infused with a blend of natural plant extracts to lift, firm, tighten and diminish the appearance of cellulite, stretch marks and varicose veins, as well as minimizing bruising and sore muscles. Radiance conceals minor imperfections and enhances definition to create a sexy, slimmer silhouette.
2. Chocolate Sun Organic Self Tanner: say no to melanoma, and say yes to the most natural looking tan. Now you can have the bronzed beach body without any streaks or chemical stench. Instead you will smell like chocolate thanks to a blend of organically grown and wild crafted botanicals and herbs chosen for their beneficial, nurturing and hydrating properties. It also includes shea butter, coconut oil and aloe.
3. Bottega Organica Ageless Mist: Keep this beauty in your purse for hydration throughout the day that will keep your makeup looking fresh and your skin looking young!
4. Kjaer Weis Dazzling Bronzer: Kjaer Weis Dazzling Bronzer gives you the perfect back from vacation glow! Works as a bronzer for lighter skin tones and as a beautiful highlighter for darker skin tones. Can also be used to add natural contour to the cheeks.
5. ILIA Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20: Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful rays whole soothing botanicals help calm and revitalize the skin. Aloe Vera aids in long-lasting hydration with White Tea and Rosemary Extract to combat free radicals. Seal in moisture with Sodium Hyaluronate to promote skin microcirculation beneath the surface resulting in a smooth and all-around fuller appearance.
What are some of your favorite summer products? Please let us know in the comments below.