1. FABLETICS: I work out super early and I must admit, never look very cute at that hour. But I’d like to! And I bet I’m not alone. Send someone a short-term subscription to Fabletics.com, a personalized workout-gear-of-the month club endorsed by Kate Hudson. Every month, based on your preferences, you will receive some fab exercise attire. Better than my vintage NKOTB concert T’s? Debatable, but cute nonetheless.
2. A GROUPON or a MONTH AT CLASS PASS: I think this is the best gift ever. Groupon (or any discount site) ALWAYS has tons of of ridiculous fitness deals. It’s the way I found my beloved boxing class. Same with Class Pass; it will give you access to a variety of different workouts that you might never try otherwise. Perhaps best of all, it doesn’t require a lengthy commitment and it’s reasonably priced. It’s available in Boston, Chicago, LA, New York, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC.
3. WATERPROOF EARBUDS: These are fantastic for all my triathlon and swimmer friends. If I’m working out on my own, without my trainer or in a class, my music playlist is essential! Use these and keep the groove going—even in the pool. Here’s a bunch of options from Amazon. The ones in the picture are the Yurbuds, $19.99. They’re sweat-resistant and perfect for working out.
4. THE GRID FOAM ROLLER: Foam rollers can be used for exercise, but more importantly for me they can be used to loosen up super-tight muscles. Use these to target those nasty knots that never seem to go away. At $39.99, it’s a little more expensive than other products of its type, but unlike the others, it does not break down.
5. LULULEMON MIND AND BODY TOILETRIES BAG: I know a toiletries bag doesn’t sound very glamorous, but this inexpensive little item makes my life so much easier. Like most of working America, I have no time. Ever. Seeing that I usually have about 20 minutes to shower AND get ready, I keep this bag permanently in my gym bag and stocked with all my essentials for showering and getting out of the gym as quickly as possible. $58